Early processes (daemons) do not report audit events

Kangkook Jee aixer77 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 20:53:57 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I debugged a bit further to identify distributions that are affected by the issue.
I repeated the same experiment with sshd from 3 more distributions.

CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (64-bit, 3.10.0-229.el7.x86_64): Problem NOT reproduced
CentOS release 6.6 (64-bit, 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64): Problem NOT reproduced
Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS (64-bit, 3.13.0-32-generic): Problem reproduced

After all, Ubuntu family are affected by the issue and I could confirm that results are inconsistent
across two different distribution families.

If you can let us know how can we workaround the issue, it will be a great help.

Regards, Kangkook