audit 2.5.1 released

Manuel Scunthorpe u7181-wlodsazi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 02:45:55 UTC 2016

The build fails in Arch Linux openrc when configure has the option     --enable-systemd=no
It seems to work and build the package but fails at the end, I think it is a makefile error. I wanted to build the package with static libs rather than use the precompiled Arch version.I tried the standard 2.4.4 version in ABS then modified it slightly to build the latest 2.5.1 version, they both gave the same result.For 2.5.1 I used this command as the checksums were different to 2.4.4 and the modified PKGBUILD which I attached to this message along with the log files, although they stop just before the sed error.
$ makepkg -L --skipinteg
The end of the build finishes like this:make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/steve/build/a3udit/src/audit-2.5.1'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/steve/build/a3udit/src/audit-2.5.1'
sed: can't read usr/lib/systemd/system/auditd.service: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...

I did build the 2.4.4 version successfully earlier by setting --enable-systemd=yes but I don't know if that would break anything or simply create an unused .service file.There is a problem with this build config option though.