How can I install the latest version of Linux Audit on CentOS 6.8? (Update on CentOS 7)

Mateusz Piotrowski 0mp at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 2 14:21:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 18 Jul 2016, at 17:39, Mateusz Piotrowski <0mp at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 15 Jul 2016, at 15:17, Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Friday, July 15, 2016 2:52:02 PM EDT Mateusz Piotrowski wrote:
>>> Is there an easier way to get the latest Linux Audit version on my system?
>> Why wouldn't you start with the distribution tar file?
>> http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/audit-2.6.5.tar.gz
>
> I was able to install the latest version from the tar file using the following commands. Thanks Steve!
>
> curl -O http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/audit-2.6.5.tar.gz
> gzip -d audit-2.6.5.tar.gz
> tar xf audit-2.6.5.tar
> cd audit-2.6.5
> yum install autoconf automake libtool tcp_wrappers-devel openldap-devel
> # Python and libcap-ng didn't work for me.
> # This is why I set --with-python and --with-libcap-ng to no instead to yes.
> ./configure --sbindir=/sbin --with-python=no --with-libwrap --enable-gssapi-krb5=yes --with-libcap-ng=no
> make
> make install
>
> My CentOS is now running auditd version 2.6.5 (according to information within /var/log/audit/audit.log).

I just wanted to send an update to this thread - I successfully installed a fully featured audit-userspace on CentOS 7 x86_64
installed from a Minimal Install ISO.

Here's everything you need to build and install audit-userspace:

yum install libtool tcp_wrappers-devel openldap-devel python-devel libcap-ng-devel swig
./configure --sbindir=/sbin --with-python=yes --with-libwrap --enable-gssapi-krb5=yes --with-libcap-ng=yes
make
make install

Cheers!

-m