Where can I find coding style guidelines for the Linux Audit framework source code?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 13:23:33 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:02:36 PM EDT Mateusz Piotrowski wrote:
> I wonder if there is a document describing the preferred coding style
> of the Linux Audit framework source code.

No.

> Is it basically the style of the Linux Kernel[1]?

I have never used the kernel style. But if you look at the code, its fairly
consistent - except that there are a whole lot of contributors over time. Not
everyone followed the style exactly. I try to correct it over time. The main
thing I hate is lines that are over 80 characters long or when a patch uses
spaces and not tabs.

> Secondly, does it make sense to submit patches which fix style only?

I don't like to have a lot of code churn just for style. I tend to fix style
either on patch submission. Or if its big or I don't have time, I fix it when
I'm in that area.

 -Steve