audit 2.6.5 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 16:18:28 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
soon. The ChangeLog is:

- Correct the header length for dispatched events
- Revise buffer handling in auditd to fix dispatched events
- Fix spelling in man pages
- Add documentation link to systemd unit file
- Correct af_unix pathname detection in ausearch/report
- Add remote_ended info to audisp-remote stat dump

This release fixes truncated records passed to audisp plugins when the old
event format was used. It was also discovered  that ausearch was not picking
up patchnames for af_unix sockets and this was corrected. Besides that there
were several documentation fixups.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.