RHEL6 and RHEL7 audispatch configurations

warron.french warron.french at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 18:23:21 UTC 2017

Hi Steve, sorry for bugging you directly, nearly 1 year ago (May 10th to be
exact) we collaborated, for my benefit on how to configure audispatch on
"RHEL6" machines.

It seems that my instructions that I kept from 1 year ago are no longer
valid; there are new files in existence and some old ones no longer in
existence for both RHEL6 and RHEL7:

*[OLD]*
/etc/audisp/
*audisp-remote.conf,*
/etc/audisp/plugins.d/*au-remote.conf*

*[NEW]*
/etc/audisp/plugins.d/af_unix.conf
/etc/audisp/plugins.d/syslog.conf

Not sure how to find the appropriate man pages to configure this setup
properly.  I am attaching what I wrote 1 year ago; and hope that you can
push me in the direction of a good walk-through for audispatch of the
modern revision (audit-2.4.5-3 on RHEL6, and audit-2.4.1-5.el7).

I have to stick with these revision for a little while since we are going
through a Project Management Stage gate, impacting update decisions.

Warron French