AUDIT_NETFILTER_PKT message format

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Tue Feb 14 21:06:53 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Richard Guy Briggs <rgb at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 2017-02-13 18:50, Paul Moore wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Richard Guy Briggs <rgb at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > useless?        smac, dmac, macproto
>>
>> Probably useless in the majority of use cases.
>
> How do we deal with the minority of cases where it could be quite useful?

First you first need to show me why I should care about this, in other
words, why *must* you have the fields in the audit record.

>> > helpful         secmark (I forgot to change it from "obj" to "secmark" in my patch).
>>
>> We may also want to log the peer label if we are going to log the secmark.
>
> Ok, noted.

Please note well the "*if*" portion in the above statement.  I'm not
overly convinced that either field is all that useful in the majority
of cases.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com