AUDIT_NETFILTER_CFG event format

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 14:07:12 UTC 2017

Hell Richard,

While we're in the NETFILTER area, the CFG event is lacking some fields, too.
Its currently:

table,family,entries

its missing everything about *who* sent it:
pid,uid,auid,ses,subj,exe,res

I'd suggest:

pid,uid,auid,ses,subj,table,family,entries,exe,res

to make it compatible with the majority of records. Incidentally, I created a
chart that shows how each record type is alike and different from every other
record. You might call it a record grammar tree:

http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/record-fields.html

I'd like to align as many events as possible to pid,uid,auid section of the
graph.