AUDIT_NETFILTER_PKT message format

Patrick PIGNOL patrick.pignol at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 19:12:21 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I just writen that because I read

"

Determining the pid/subj of a packet is notoriously
difficult/impossible in netfilter so let's drop that; with proper
policy/rules you should be able to match proto/port with a given
process so this shouldn't be that critical.  The source/destination
addresses and proto/port (assuming IP) should be easy enough.

"

OK you explain me you talk about "Linux audit" sub-system. Cool I didn't
read it like that ! (I'm waiting for netfilter-dev ml).

Don't tell me that windows is better than linux on that point (see
ZoneAlarm). I know ZoneAlarm is a Firewall. But if Linux could trace it
from netfilter you should integrate it in your audit sub system.

I think it should be good to have to know witch application ask for
send/receive packet on witch protocol and on witch port and for witch IP
target(from/to) at a given level of verbosity(debug) and how many time
for a given time-unit (minute-hour).

At this level content of packet is not really useful, I think wire-shark
is better for that.

Sorry for the noise but it still important for me as a user to can trace
who have access to an from my computer.

Best regards,

Patrick PIGNOL