space_left_action=exec only works once?

Bond Masuda bond.masuda at jlbond.com
Thu Jan 26 20:14:25 UTC 2017

Thanks for the alternative Stephen. Actually, I already have one that
seems to work by using incrond to monitor for new log files in
/var/log/audit and running my script when a new log file appears. My
script searches for uncompressed logs that end in a audit.log.* and
compresses those and moves them. I have auditd set to keep_logs at 64MB
each. This seems to work in terms of keeping the /var/log/audit
partition space from filling up too much when we get lots of audit logs.
I plan to use this method unless the native auditd mechanism can be made
to work for this use case.

Bond