Exclude Watched Items

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at redhat.com
Tue May 16 03:22:38 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-15 21:08, Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS) wrote:
> Ok I admit I should know how to do this, but it is evident I do not.
>
> On RHEL 5.11, what is the correct way for me to not audit anything in /proc?
>
> I had tried:
> -d entry,always -S all -F dir=/proc
> -a exclude,always -F dir=/proc
>
> Both of these are ignored.  The first makes sense because I guess -d
> must match exactly a rule already loaded in the kernel.

"-d" says delete the rule.  (I think the entry list is deprecated.)

> The second is telling me I have an invalid message type, but I can't
> seem to find the valid message types documented in the man pages.

The exclude list only supports "-F msgtype=" on anything that old.

More types are supported upstream and only very recent RHEL7.

> Other systemcalls which are audited are open, fopen, chown, chattr, etc.
> I am trying to prevent auditing of the open syscall on /proc/...
> because there are a lot of them, and it is not a requirement.

How about "-a exit,never -F dir=/proc"?

> Kevin

- RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs <rgb at redhat.com>
Sr. S/W Engineer, Kernel Security, Base Operating Systems