audit 2.8 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 13:08:49 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:35:32 PM EDT Steve Grubb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
> from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
> soon. The ChangeLog is:
>
> - Add support for ambient capability fields (Richard Guy Briggs)
> - Update auparse-normalizer to support TTY events
> - Add auparse_normalize_object_primary2 API
> - In ausearch text format, add 'to xxx' for mount operations
> - In ausearch add new --extra-obj2 option for CSV output
> - In auparse_normalize, pick up second file name for rename syscalls
> - In auparse_normalize, pick up permission & ownership changes as obj2
> - In auparse_normalize, pick up uid/gid for setuid/gid syscalls as obj2
> - In auparse_normalize, pick up link for symlink syscalls as obj2
> - In auparse_normalize, correct mount records based on success
> - In auparse_normalize, correct object for USER_MGMT, ACCT_LOCK, &
> ACCT_UNLOCK - Add default port to auditd.conf (#1455598)
> - Fix auvirt to report AVC's (#982154)
> - Add sockaddr accessor functions in auparse
> - In ausearch, use auparse_interpret_sock_address for text mode output
> - In remote logging, inform client auditd is suspended and please disconnect
> - Auditd and audisp-remote now supports IPv6
> - In auparse function auparse_goto_record_num, make it positioned on first
> field
> - In auparse_normalize, finish support for MAC_STATUS and MAC_CONFIG events
> - Add support for filesystem filter type (Richard Guy Briggs)
> - Add file system type table for fstype lookup
> - Add command line option to auditd & audispd for config dir path (Dan Born)

There is a NULL pointer dereference in this code. I've unpushed all new
packages in Fedora. I would advise holding off on upgrading until I release
audit-2.8.1. In the mean time, if anyone has spotted any other problem that
should go into 2.8.1, please let me know. I should have a new release in a
couple of hours.

-Steve