audit 2.8.1 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 17:47:00 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
soon. The ChangeLog is:

- Fix NULL ptr dereference in audispd plugin_dir parser
- Signed/unsigned cleanup

It was discovered that in a new installation which used the updated
audispd.conf, a NULL pointer would be dereferenced leading audispd to crash on
boot. This was fixed and the code was checked by static analysis. Some signed
/ unsigned things were fixed up.

SHA256: 1becde92ff6e81798fa8878820ab2497d867036a6596f55109504b37c8b33b6c

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.