Audit roadmap and new development

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sun Mar 11 20:15:02 UTC 2018

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 17:44:39 +0000
F Rafi <farhanible at gmail.com> wrote:

> So container support can be addressed by userspace changes alone

Nope.

> Or will it require kernel audit subsystem updates as well?

The kernel does all the heavy lifting. What this is indicating is that
user space will pick up support to use the kernel's container auditing.
You may have seen a set of patches posted by Richard in the last 2
weeks. That is for the kernel side. There will need to be corresponding
user space code to interface to it. This is probably going to change
events enough that it's again a good reason to break with the old.

-Steve