stuck on ghak100 testsuite script

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 21:48:31 UTC 2018

Hi Paul, Ondrej,

I've got a couple of patches with two different approaches to address
ghak100:
	https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-kernel/issues/100

The patches work, but I've not posted them yet because I wanted to
update the audit-testsuite first to consistently test it.

I've written a test to automate the regression test to add to
audit-testsuite based on the reproducer recipe provided in ghak100.  The
procedure in the description of ghak100 works, but I'm having some
trouble with the script.  In particular, it is hanging the script on the
"kill 'SIGSTOP' $pid_fuse" line.  Once it hangs, the main script, the
test subscript and both backgrounded processes (fuse and umount) are
still hanging around.

Here's the script:
	https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-testsuite/compare/master...rgbriggs:ghak100-missing-mount-hang

Do either of you have any insight why this might be happenning and how
to fix or work around it?

A couple of minor notes:
- The $pid_fuse += 1 is necessary since it forks from the PID reported
  to the shell.
- The SIGSTOP is necessary to simulate the hung filesystem.

- RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs <rgb at redhat.com>
Sr. S/W Engineer, Kernel Security, Base Operating Systems