audispd stopping on distribute-network = yes

Lenny Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Tue Oct 16 22:07:57 UTC 2018

Situation:

Have 3 VMs all running RHEL7.6 (3.10.0-933.el7.x86_64) with audit
components 2.8.4, including audisp-plugins. Using the audisp-remote plugin,

Machine A -> B

Machine B -> C

Problem 1:

If I enable "distribute_network = yes" on Machine B, audispd (and
children) stops.

No anom_abend, no message in syslog, no audit event I can identify as a
clue.

Problem 2:

If I disable the distribute_network, the audispd and audisp-remote work
fine.
If I reboot Machine B, Machine A now doesn't auto-reconnect. I thought
we had addressed these reconnect issues a ways back?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

LCB

--
Lenny Bruzenak