Matching SSHD information in audit logs

MAUPERTUIS, PHILIPPE philippe.maupertuis at equensworldline.com
Tue Dec 17 17:16:14 UTC 2019

I find in the audit log which key has been accepted but not that it has been accepted due to /usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys (and not a local authorized_keys file).
In the USER_AUTH message I can see a field grantors=auth-key but I don't know how to interpret it.
I had a look at https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-documentation/blob/master/specs/fields/field-dictionary.csv but grantor is not mentioned there
I didn't other fields as well :
>From SOFTWARE_UPDATE the fields sw, sw_type, key_enforce are not listed.
The page https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-documentation/blob/master/specs/messages/message-dictionary.csv doesn't mention the type SOFTWARE_UPDATE
Maybe I am looking at the wrong place, Where should I look ?

> > Could you point me to a documentation showing which events a ssh login
> > would generate ?
>
> To my knowledge, there is no document that singles out what a sshd login
> should look like. There are documents that explain what the record type are.
> And you should be able to isolate them by ausearch -x sshd.

What I missed was this ausearch -x sshd which gives me the events

> -Steve

Philippe
equensWorldline is a registered trade mark and trading name owned by the Worldline Group through its holding company.
This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorized to copy, disclose, use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure. EquensWorldline and the Worldline Group therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content. Although equensWorldline and the Worldline Group endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with equensWorldline and the Worldline Group by email