audit-3.0

MAUPERTUIS, PHILIPPE philippe.maupertuis at equensworldline.com
Tue Jun 18 13:34:08 UTC 2019

Hi,
On the mailing list a few days ago, it was announce that Audit-3.0 alpha8  was available.
I am a little bit confused because on a RHEL 8 server I get :
rpm -q audit
audit-3.0-0.10.20180831git0047a6c.el8.x86_64
What are the link between the Rhel 8 rpm and the version audit-3.0 announced.
I can't imagine RHEL8 using an alpha version.

As the side note the Rhel 8 rpm has the following description
rpm -qi audit
Name        : audit
Version     : 3.0
Release     : 0.10.20180831git0047a6c.el8
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Mon 17 Jun 2019 05:55:23 PM CEST
Group       : Unspecified
Size        : 678098
License     : GPLv2+
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Wed 09 Jan 2019 07:26:49 PM CET, Key ID 199e2f91fd431d51
Source RPM  : audit-3.0-0.10.20180831git0047a6c.el8.src.rpm
Build Date  : Wed 09 Jan 2019 06:26:29 PM CET
Build Host  : x86-vm-06.build.eng.bos.redhat.com
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Vendor      : Red Hat, Inc.
URL         : http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/
Summary     : User space tools for 2.6 kernel auditing

Of course the kernel for REHL8 is :
rpm -q kernel
kernel-4.18.0-80.el8.x86_64

Any clarification is welcome
Philippe

equensWorldline is a registered trade mark and trading name owned by the Worldline Group through its holding company.
This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorized to copy, disclose, use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure. EquensWorldline and the Worldline Group therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content. Although equensWorldline and the Worldline Group endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with equensWorldline and the Worldline Group by email