kernel: audit.c: is it a memleak of net in function audit_send_reply

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Mon Apr 20 14:24:30 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 3:54 AM 亿一 <teroincn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
> when reviewing code in function audit_send_reply, I notice that if
> kthread_run return failure, the net reference would not be released
> because reply has been kfree directly.

Thanks for reporting this.

Looking at the code, it's a little worse than that.  If kthread_run()
fails then audit_send_reply() will return early, holding both a
reference to @net as well as leaking @reply.

Let me finish getting through my mail and I'll put together a quick
patch to resolve this (I'm seeing a few other related things we should
fix in audit_send_reply()).

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com