corrupted checkpoint

MAUPERTUIS, PHILIPPE philippe.maupertuis at equensworldline.com
Fri Feb 28 10:46:40 UTC 2020

Hi
I set a cron job script to perform ausearch every 5 minutes  on a central log server.
The logs from various hosts are received together in the same file
The logs are rotated on a daily basis
Everything ran fine for several days, then suddently I got :
Corrupted checkpoint file. Inode match, but newer complete event (1582684501.003:48035) found before loaded checkpoint 1582684346.999:48034
The events are :
checkpoint
audit.log.3: node=xxxxxxxx type=USER_END msg=audit(1582684346.999:48034): pid=15666 uid=0 auid=0
newer event
audit.log.2: node= xxxxxxxx type=USER_ACCT msg=audit(1582684501.003:48035): pid=16000
I  guess the problem is due to the log rotation since the two messages are coming from the same host.
I have a few  questions
When it happens how can I restart the process ?
Is there a way to restart ausearch from the newer event ?
How could I extract the events between the checkpoint and the newer event ?
The checkpoint file contains :
dev=0xFD03
inode=1048581
output=xxxxxxxx 1582770601.342:380885 0x456

What is this : 0x456 ?
How can I find the value for a given event ?

Philippe

Worldline and equensWorldline are a registered trademarks and trading names owned by Worldline Group.
This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorized to copy, disclose, use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure. EquensWorldline and the Worldline Group therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content. Although equensWorldline and the Worldline Group endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with equensWorldline and the Worldline Group by email