Identifying thread/process termination

Natan Yellin aantny at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:07:12 UTC 2020

Hello,
I've been tracking all process terminations using a rule for the exit and
exit_group syscalls. However, by looking at the audit events for exit it is
impossible to differentiate between the death of different threads in the
same thread group. Is there an alternative way to track this?

For my use case, I would like to know when either processes or individual
threads execute and terminate. (I'm fine tracking at either granularity.)
Right now I can track the creation properly using fork/clone/etc but for
termination I receive multiple exit events with identical information that
doesn't let me know which thread died.

Thanks,
Natan