Problems with linux audit system in nested VM

punnal baloch punnalbloch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 13:07:52 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am trying to run the Linux audit system in a nested Virtual machine on
the google cloud engine.  The problem I am facing is that the Linux Audit
System suspends after showing the following error after a few minutes when
I view the auditd status.

جنوری 29 16:53:42 fuzzer-VirtualBox auditd[294]: Audit daemon has no space
left on logging partition

جنوری 29 16:53:42 fuzzer-VirtualBox auditd[294]: Audit daemon is suspending
logging due to no space left on logging partition.

I checked using the df -h command and found out that there was around 6GB
of free space on the logging partition so I did not understand why this
error is occuring. Can you provide me a solution? Could this be because of
nested virtualization?

Please find attached my audit.rules and auditd.conf files.

Regards,

Punnal