audit 3.0.2 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Jun 10 14:40:31 UTC 2021

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be
downloaded from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be
in rawhide soon. The ChangeLog is:

- In audispd-statsd pluging, use struct sockaddr_storage (Ville Heikkinen)
- Optionally interpret auid in auditctl -l
- Update some syscall argument interpretations
- In auditd, do not allow spaces in the hostname name format
- Big documentation cleanup (MIZUTA Takeshi)
- Update syscall table to the 5.12 kernel
- Update the auparse normalizer for new event types
- Fix compiler warnings in ids subsystem
- Block a couple signals from flush & reconfigure threads
- In auditd, don't wait on flush thread when exiting
- Output error message if the path of input files are too long ausearch/report

This release has a big documentgation cleanup from MIZUTA Takeshi. Thanks! It
also updates the lookup tables for the 5.12 kernel. And has a lot of code
cleanups from static analysis. There is a big update to auparse normalizer
results so that all current events are supported as well as it can be.

SHA256: 18ae558900eb1c85a8d68c42f70f8e71a8f763c2c661ec8e89cccd26edc2d506

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.