Aw: Re: How to configure auditd to register like internal bash commands?

Casey Schaufler casey at schaufler-ca.com
Wed Feb 9 01:43:02 UTC 2022

On 2/8/2022 5:12 PM, André Letterer wrote:
> Yes, history is a bash internal command and that's why I opened initally this thread because I wanted to know if there is any chance to track internal bash commands like history as well via auditd. For now it seems pam_tty_audit doesn't do the job.

Audit tracks security relevant events. Invoking a built-in
command such as history, export or set does not involve any
security relevant events. Invoking a built-in simply sends the
existing shell process down a specified code path. There's no
audit record because there's nothing happening to audit.