audit-3.0.8 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 21:55:12 UTC 2022

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be
downloaded from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be
in rawhide soon. The ChangeLog is:

- Add gcc function attributes for access and allocation
- Add some more man pages (MIZUTA Takeshi)
- In auditd, change the reinitializing of the plugin queue
- Fix path normalization in auparse (Sergio Correia)
- In libaudit, handle ECONNREFUSED for network uid/gid lookups (Enzo
Matsumiya)
- In audisp-remote, fix hang with disk_low_action=suspend (Enzo Matsumiya)
- Drop ProtectHome from auditd.service as it interferes with rules

The main driver for this release is that there are a number of bugs that have
been discovered recently. Some of these have been there for a while such as
the ProtectHome systemd option. The big take away is anyone adding lots of
systemd hardening options might have some very hard to debug problems.

There was a problem with the plugin queue where a certain combination of
adding/removing plugins with the queue overflowing caused the queue to not
restart like it should.

The path normalization issue was causing path's not to be returned when
interpreted.

SHA256: b5f4d9b9ad69381ee18f33d3d918326aa52861509c901143f8a8c4ed5caa8913

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.