Query regarding the lib audit-userspace

Manojkiran Eda manojkiran.eda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:53:32 UTC 2022

Hi team,

I was working on leveraging the libaudit shared library to generate audit events from a user space daemon. I have been using the audit_open as well as audit_log_acct_message() API’s to send message to the kernel audit subsystem. From the man pages I understand that every message to the kernel audit subsystem would get an ACK back. Now my question is does the daemon[single threaded] consuming this libaudit for sending events using  audit_log_acct_message() API be blocked until it gets an ACK back from the kernel ?

If yes , is there a way to not have the application blocked during this period ?

Thanks,

Manoj