Upstream kernel development and the linux-audit mailing list

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Tue Feb 7 15:31:56 UTC 2023

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 11:39 AM Paul Moore <paul at paul-moore.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 2:44 PM Paul Moore <paul at paul-moore.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,

> > I'll hold off on list creation for a couple of days in case anyone has
> > a well reasoned argument against moving upstream kernel development to
> > a new list.  However, I want to underscore that any argument to keep
> > upstream discussions on a moderated list will need to be strong enough
> > to counter potentially excluding other subsystems from the discussion.
>
> Seeing no comments, I just sent a request off to the vger
> postmaster(s) to create a new list; I'll send another update when it
> is up and running.

The new list, audit at vger.kernel.org, is up and running and is CC'd on
this email.  While I'll continue to monitor linux-audit at redhat for
upstream Linux Kernel patch submissions for a period of time to ease
the transition, I do ask that everyone start submitting their upstream
kernel patches and bug reports to audit at vger; at some point in the
future I plan to stop monitoring linux-audit at redhat for patch
submissions, bug reports, etc.

Information on subscribing to the audit at vger list can be found below:

* http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#audit
* http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

I'll submit a patch to update the MAINTAINERS file with the new list
address later today.

--
paul-moore.com