Clarification Around File System Auditing

Amjad Gabbar amjadgabbar11 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:58:44 UTC 2023

Also, we would need to have a separate rule for open and openat family with
something like

-S open,openat -F dir=/etc -F perm=wa -k ETC_WATCH.

So 2 syscall rules instead of 1 watch rule but we replace -S all with
specific syscalls.

Or we could combine all these open,openat,write family syscalls into a
single syscall rule but with the permissions flag.