run script after auditd rotates logs

Burn Alting burn.alting at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 19 01:25:46 UTC 2023

Ed,
One indirect way of achieving this is to author a script that	- sends SIGUSR1 to
the auditd process (which causes auditd to immediately rotate the logs. It will
consult the max_log_file_action to see if it should keep the logs or not.)	- do
whatever you need to do with the rolled over audit.log files
Clearly you only have access to the rolled over log files (given that's what you
want).
Rgds