sending audit logs only to audit.log via rsyslog

kathy lyons kathy.lyons at zayo.com
Wed May 10 13:43:04 UTC 2023

 Good morning.  I am trying to get the audit logs to be written only to
audit.log.  Currently they are written to audit.log as well as syslog.
Here is my rsyslog.conf file - what am I doing wrong?

    module(load="imfile")
    module(load="imklog")
    module(load="imjournal")

    global(net.enableDNS="off" workDirectory=/var/spool/rsyslog"
maxMessageSize="128k")

   $IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf
   $ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat

    audit.*                                 ~/var/log/audit/audit.log
    auth.warning;authpriv.info   ~/var/log/auth.log
    *.*;auth,authpriv.none           ~/var/log/syslog
    cron.info                               ~/var/log/cron.log
    daemon.info                        ~/var/log/daemon.log
    kern.*                                  ~/var/log/kern.log
    user.info                             ~/var/log/user.log