[Linux-cachefs] more NFS mounting hangups with CacheFS

Jacob L. jacobl at cavecreek.net
Thu Jul 7 06:25:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

   Much like the issues Chris had I have run into the same. I am using fc3 all the latest packages updated through yum. My kernel was prepared the same way as Steve suggested:
"I started with the linux-2.6.11 tarball then applied the patch-2.6.12-rc3.bz2 patch and the 2.6.12-rc3-mm3.bz patch"

The util-linux patches were then forced from http://people.redhat.com/steved/cachefs/util-linux/. I have setup the cache block device, initialized it, all that goes well until NFS hits the equation. As soon as I try to mount NFS with the fsc option it just hangs there, cant kill the process, cant reboot the machine, same issues. Has there been any progress towards a solution? Can we expect this to be fixed in the new version David announced a few days ago?

I tried to load this on another system, Core 2, a few weeks back and was able to mount the nfs with the fsc option. As soon as I initiated any type of traffic to the mount (10megs of web traffic from the frontend, CachFS machine, to the backend via NFS mounted with fsc) the system load shot up to the 100's and the machine came crashing down.

Jacob L.