[Linux-cachefs] NFS/CacheFS not working

Derek Siu golf1123 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 15:10:37 UTC 2006

Hi Cesar,

I am using kernel 2.6.14-mm2. My procedures are as follow:

1) Download the kernel source
2) patch with the mm2 patches
3) download and apply all the patches in David's directory
4) install the util-linux found in Steve's directory
(util-linux-2.12p-9.3.nfsmount.fsc.i386.rpm)
5) After installing the new kernel, run "echo "cachefs___" > /dev/hda6"
6) mount -t cachefs /dev/hda6 /cachedir -o tag=mycache
7) mount -o fsc SERVER_IP:/pub  /mnt/pub

These are all the steps. Did I miss any anything?

Another question is that after I read several files from the mounted
directory, should I be able to SEE those files in the cache directory
(/cachedir in the above case)?
Thanks!

Derek