[Linux-cachefs] cachefs patches for a recent kernel version?

alessandro salvatori sandr8 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:04:10 UTC 2008

to me GIT commit 3de2403e6659d71b36ec820dc9b942762ddfe6eb seems to be
roughly 2.6.26-rc1-6, albeit that one has a few more commits IIRC, so I
crossed my fingers and applied in the following order:

patch -p1 -i patch-2.6.26-rc1
patch -p1 -i patch-2.6.26-rc1-git6
for i in ../patchset/*.diff; do   echo ==$i==;   patch -p1 --dry-run -i $i;
done

but that hit a few removed files and a few failed hunks. I am tempted to
wiggle around the rejected hunks and give it a try but perhaps it's better
if I just get the right refpoint from git...

Before I go and learn how to checkout with git... I was just wondering, is
this a deliberate choice to provide a patchset against a particular git
commit, as to keep away the vast public from these patches and not expose
them to possibly unstable code?

Thank you!
-Alessandro