[Linux-cachefs] Kernel 2.6.30-rc2

Edward Konetzko konetzed at quixoticagony.com
Thu Apr 30 01:05:57 UTC 2009

David Howells wrote:
> Edward Konetzko <konetzed at quixoticagony.com> wrote:
>

>> I have been testing fscache with kernel 2.6.29-rc3 and everything works as
>> expected. I have been testing 2.6.30-rc2 and everything appeared to be working
>> fine except when I look the resource graphs it seems like objects are not
>> being retried from cachefilesd after they are cached on disk.
>>

> Can you examine /proc/fs/fscache/stats?
>
> David
>
> --

What should I look for, I have my collectd module graphing /proc/*/stats
out.  But by comparing the graphs from a test with 2.6.30-rc2 to the
2.6.29-rc3 kernel there are huge differences between network and cpu.
The 2.6.30-rc2 graphs with fscache and cachefilesd look identical to the
2.6.29-rc3 without fscache and cachefilesd.

If you would like I might have time tomorrow to run the tests again and
email you a pdf of the graphs.

Edward