[Linux-cachefs] cachefs in a tmpfs or other ramfs?

Ricardo F rikr_ at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:25:37 UTC 2011

Hello,
   I try to mount a cachefs in a linux Debian6 server, but when I try to start it, i show:
# /etc/init.d/cachefilesd startStarting FilesCache daemon : cachefilesd failed!
dmesg said:CacheFiles: Failed to register: -95
/var/log/syslog said:CacheFiles: Failed to register: -95
/etc/fstab said:none                                 /mnt/tmpfs                     tmpfs   size=500M,nr_inodes=10k
/etc/cachefilesd.conf said:dir /mnt/tmpfstag mycachebrun 10%bcull 7%bstop 3%frun 10%fcull 7%fstop 3%
As can you see, i mount a tmpfs in /mnt, but i think that is the option "user_xattr" which that file system doesn't have, almost in http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/CacheFS said it.
Anybody know an option to mount a ramfs and inside it the cachefs?

Thanks!