[Linux-cachefs] 'bad page state' error

David Howells dhowells at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 09:20:54 UTC 2013

Rob Bos <rbos at sfu.ca> wrote:

> BUG: Bad page state in process aria2c  pfn:78078
> page:ffffea0001a41a40 flags:0020000000001000 count:0 mapcount:0 mapping:(null)
> index:9 (Tainted: G    B      ---------------  T)
> Pid: 2975, comm: aria2c Tainted: G    B      ---------------  T
> 2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.rbos.1.x86_64 #1

I have a series of patches poised to go into RHEL-6 to clean up a number of
issues in fscache.  There's at least one patch in there that might fix this as
a side effect (ie. this particular bug isn't the one the patch is actually
intended to fix).  But since it has to do with retrieval operation lifetime
accounting, it might just.

If you are able to try a debugging kernel of slightly more recent vintage, I
have one already prepared for another customer:

	http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/kernel-2.6.32-373.el6.bz928746.2.x86_64.rpm
	http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/kernel-firmware-2.6.32-373.el6.bz928746.2.noarch.rpm

might work for you.  The kernel rpm is just the base RHEL kernel plus my
outstanding fscache patches.

David