[Linux-cachefs] "Bug" in nfs_server_get_key() ?

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Fri Sep 5 09:19:16 UTC 2014

Sorry if this is a 'known' issue, but I've been looking at
nfs_server_get_key() in fs/nfs/fscache-index.c and I'm not sure why the
code is doing:

         key->nfsversion = clp->rpc_ops->version;
         key->family = clp->cl_addr.ss_family;

         memset(key, 0, len);

Unless I'm missing something, it sets nfsversion and family in key to
appropriate values - but then immediately sets both these to zero via
the memset() ?

I guess it can't be 'fixed' as it would result if different keys being
generated for the same file system pre and post fix ?

Thanks

James Pearson