[Linux-cluster] GFS 6.0 crashing x86_64 machine

Adam Manthei amanthei at redhat.com
Mon Aug 2 15:46:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 07:48:02AM -0700, micah nerren wrote:

> The system crashes. At the console, there are tons of system calls being
> listed, and at the bottom of the screen:
>
> Code: 39 d0 75 f8 85 c9 74 10 8b 44 24 14 39 d0 74 08 8b 44 24 14
> Console Shuts up:
>    pid: 3547, lock_gulmd Not tainted
> RIP: 0010
>

> So... Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Those "tons of system calls being listed" are really quite useful if not
necessary to tell you what the problem is.  My gut feeling is that there is
a stack overrun that is happening.

> This seems to be a supported platform for this tool according to redhat.

Correct.

> Has anybody used GFS 6.0 on this kernel rev on x86_64 and if so,
> how did you get it to work?

Yup.  I just used the rpms. Perhaps you compiled it with debugging options
enabled?  (I don't know if that would make the stack bigger)

--
Adam Manthei  <amanthei at redhat.com>