[Linux-cluster] segfault if dlm is loaded while cman is still joining the cluster

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 07:28:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 04:20:45PM -0400, Jeff wrote:
> CMAN: Waiting to join or form a Linux-cluster
> CMAN <CVS> (built Aug  2 2004 15:04:09) installed
> kmem_cache_create: duplicate cache cluster_sock

Hang on - how did you manage that? the cman code looks like it has been loaded
twice, or something....

The module load message is BELOW the "Waiting" message which says that the cman
code was already in the kernel when the "modprobe dlm" was executed which loaded
the cman.ko module as a dependancy.

The only way I can think this could happen is that you have cman in the kernel
AND as a module.
--

patrick