[Linux-cluster] gnbd: finiband supprt and multi-device to one device mapping

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 20:25:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 02:19:43PM -0500, Guochun Shi wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am interested in adding 2 features in gnbd:
>
> 1. finiband support for communication between a gnbd client and a gnbd server.
>
> 2. multi-device to one device mapping: multiples servers export their devices and one client import from those servers. The client sees one device, who is a wrapper device for all devices in servers. Writing/reading to the device will be distributed to different servers according to different writing/reading position, size, etc ....
>
> I did not find any design document for gnbd so far. I will certainly be grateful if someone can point me to any URL for that.
>
> comments and suggestions are welcome.

There isn't very much in the way of current GNBD documentation

https://open.datacore.ch/DCwiki.open/Wiki.jsp?page=GFS
https://open.datacore.ch/DCwiki.open/Wiki.jsp?page=GFS.GNBD.Usage

has the most current info

Otherwise, there are the man pages, which I haven't got around to updating
yet, but are still mostly accurate.

Oh, and
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/

This is the old administrator's guide, but again, it's mostly uptodate.
As soon as I finish up some coding that needs to get done, I will set to
work on some documentation.

If this isn't enough, I'd be glad to answer any questions you have, either
via email, or via IRC (#linux-cluster on freenode)

Good luck.

-Ben Marzinski
bmarzins at redhat.com