[Linux-cluster] errors on inode.c

Jeff jeff at intersystems.com
Wed Aug 4 10:37:16 UTC 2004

Wednesday, August 4, 2004, 4:39:57 AM, tom at regio.net wrote:
> Hi all,

> im getting errors on inode.c

> make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.7'
>   CC [M]  /tmp/rhgfs/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/inode.o
> /tmp/rhgfs/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/inode.c: In function
> `inode_init_and_link':
> /tmp/rhgfs/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/inode.c:1139: error: structure has no
> member named `ar_suiddir'
> make[5]: *** [/tmp/rhgfs/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/inode.o] Error 1
> make[4]: *** [_module_/tmp/rhgfs/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs] Error 2

> anyone have an idea?

I ran into this when I moved from one of the snapshots to
the cvs-latest. Issue "updatedb" and then "locate gfs_ioctl.h".
Remove the copies outside of the source tree. The make script
looks for header files in various places other than the source
tree and if it finds them, it uses them in preference to the
source tree.

There may be similar problems with header files for
cman-kernel and gfs-kernel.

Also, the libraries moved between the snapshots and latest
so if you did install the snapshot you need to execute:
   rm -rf /lib/libmagma* /lib/magma /lib/libgulm*
   rm -rf /lib/libccs* /lib/libdlm*
before you build from cvs.