[Linux-cluster] GFS 6.0 crashing x86_64 machine

Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra mtilstra at redhat.com
Fri Aug 6 16:45:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 04:52:53PM -0700, micah nerren wrote:

> FYI, I tried this with a few different HBA's, that didn't work. I
> thought perhaps it could be some funny interaction with the driver but
> that doesn't seem to be the case.
>
> If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know! Up to and
> including allowing access to the machines running the software if that
> will help you debug it.

well, at this point I'd try things without the hbas and without gulm.
So first off, try mounting gfs using nolock instead of gulm on a single
node.
Then gets some space on a local drive to put gfs (without pool first)
and use gulm to mount that. (kinda pointless other than just seeing if
it does an oops.)
If that works, put pool onto the local disk and try again.

That should give us a good idea of what parts need to be involved to get
the oops.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
Sharpies don't just sniff themselves.