[Linux-cluster] Re: [cgl_discussion] Re: [dcl_discussion] Clustersummit materials

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Fri Aug 13 20:30:29 UTC 2004

On 2004-08-13T11:54:41,
   Jonathan Stanton <jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu> said:

> If you havn't looked at it already, you might want to try out the Spread
> group communication system.
>
> http://www.spread.org/

The intel lawyers have identified the Spread license to be
GPL-incompatible.

Otherwise, I agree, Spread is very nice. If those issues could be
resolved, that may be an interesting option too.

(I think the advertising clause and something else clash with the
(L)GPL; I can put you in contact with the Intel folks if you wish to
resolve this.)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	    \        This space          /
SUSE Labs, Research and Development |       intentionally        |