[Linux-cluster] gfs_eattr tool ?

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Thu Aug 19 15:21:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 05:51:14PM +0400, Антон Нехороших wrote:
> Hi Derek,
>
> Thursday, August 19, 2004, 5:36:16 PM, you wrote:
>
> Derek Anderson> Hmm.  This man page should have been
> Derek Anderson> not be included.  The standard
> Derek Anderson> setfattr(1) and getfattr(1) should be
> Derek Anderson> used to set and get extended attributes
> Derek Anderson> on GFS.
>
> On ext2(3) i using chattr +i file for set immutable flag.
>
> I can set this flag thru setfattr on GFS?
>
> chattr on GFS:
> # chattr +i sh
> chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on sh

I might be wrong, but I don't think chattr has anything to do with extended
attributes. gfs_eattr was an old tool for setting extended attributes on
GFS, used before there was a syscall for it.

I don't know offhand of any way to set all the file attributes in GFS, that
chattr can set in ext2/3

"gfs_tool setflag" allows you to set some file attributes, but not make the
inode immutable. If someone else knows another way, speak up.

-Ben