[Linux-cluster] GFS configuration for 2 node Cluster

Andriy Galetski andriy at druzhba.lviv.ua
Fri Aug 20 12:57:38 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I want to build RH Cluster with GFS, but have only 2 node connected with
shared storage.
Now GFS-6.0.0-7 instaled on both nodes (RHEL3 2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp)
When 2 node operate normal I have no problem with mount/umount  read/write
GFS filesystem. In case of one node fail / shutdown / lost communication,
all operations
with GFS filesystem is stopped (Because Lock_gulmd lost its Quorum)
To renew GFS filesystem to normal state I need run failed node back
give   fence_ack_manual command.

Q: Is it  any trick in 2 node GFS configuration to get one node full operate
when other node disconnected from cluster ??

Thannks for all suggestions.