[Linux-cluster] Subversion?

Daniel Phillips phillips at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 15:43:11 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

I was just taking a look at this article and I thought, maybe this would
be a good time to show some leadership as a project, and take the
Subversion plunge:

   http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/08/19/subversiontips.html

Subversion is basically CVS as it should have been.  It's mature now.
The number of complaints I have noticed from users out there is roughly
zero.  Subversion _versions directories_.  Etc.  Etc.

The only negative I can think of is that some folks may not have
Subversion installed.  But that is what tarballs are for.

Our project development is not highly parallel at this point, so our
repository serves more as a place for maintainers of the individual
subprojects to post current code.  So there isn't a great need for a
distributed VCS like Bitkeeper or Arch.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Daniel