[Linux-cluster] unusual GFS problem

Adam Manthei amanthei at redhat.com
Tue Aug 24 15:36:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 09:51:58AM -0500, tomc at teamics.com wrote:
> Looking for some direction on this, please.   What is this message telling
> me?  This node was the master in a three node setup:

The message is telling you that you turned on the "Locking" gulm verbosity
flag :)  The short answer is that it's just letting you know you have lock
contention.  These messages are rather common and can be ignored (especially
if your applications are modifying common files or directories from more
than one node).

> Aug 24 03:11:21 lvs2 lock_gulmd_LT000[1332]: Asking for exl, where I hold
> the lock Shr, and someone else is
>  queued before me.
> Aug 24 03:11:21 lvs2 lock_gulmd_LT000[1332]: Asking for exl, where I hold
> the lock Shr, and someone else is
>  queued before me.
>
> This repeated for about 3 hours, then one of the other nodes had a GFS
> panic and had to be rebooted.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Without the panic message and relevant syslog messages, we can't really help
you.

--
Adam Manthei  <amanthei at redhat.com>