[Linux-cluster] Re: Installation problem

Ed L Cashin ecashin at coraid.com
Tue Aug 31 15:56:04 UTC 2004

Patrick Caulfield <pcaulfie at redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:58:19AM +0200, Johan Pettersson wrote:
>>

>> I have only 2 cnxman.h in the system and they do not differ =/
>>
>> build/cluster/cman-kernel/src/cnxman.h
>> build/linux-2.6.7/include/cluster/cnxman.h
>
> Sorry that should have been cnxman-socket.h

In today's cvs cluster sources, the cnxman-socket.h in the kernel
patches is different from the one in the cluster source tree.

If you build the cluster sources according to method 2 of usage.txt on
a machine that has never had GFS installed before, I think you'll also
find that there are some problems with the include paths.  The
different parts of the cluster software can't see one anothers
headers.  The problem is masked when there are headers in
/usr/include, but shouldn't system-wide headers be ignored when
building from newer sources?

--
  Ed L Cashin <ecashin at coraid.com>