[Linux-cluster] LVM2 over GNBD import?

Ryan Thomson thomsonr at ucalgary.ca
Wed Dec 8 21:50:16 UTC 2004

More information:

When I use 'dd' to zero out the partition table I get this error afterwards
when trying to use pvcreate on the GNBD import:

[root at wolverine ~]# pvcreate /dev/gnbd/pool1
Failed to wipe new metadata area
  /dev/gnbd/pool1: Format-specific setup of physical volume failed.
  Failed to setup physical volume "/dev/gnbd/pool1"

blockdev gives me this error when I try to re-read it after I zero the
partition table with'dd' (unmounted, non-gnbd exported):

[root at pool-serv1 ~]# blockdev --rereadpt /dev/hdc
BLKRRPART: Input/output error

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

--
Ryan