[Linux-cluster] cluster is not quorate. refusing connection

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Fri Dec 10 07:17:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:08:41AM -0700, Matthew B. Brookover wrote:
> Getting closer.  The modules load and run, and after a few minutes GFS
> will work.  The problem is ccsd logs this error "Cluster is not
> quorate.  Refusing connection. Error while processing connect:
> Connection refused" in syslog.  This error will be generated by ccsd
> every second for 5 minutes, then fence_tool will exit, fenced starts up
> and I can mount file systems.

This sounds similar to a problem I have if I run fence_tool without ccsd
running.

Check /proc/cluster/status while it's waiting to see if the cluster
actually has quorum or not.  Also, I've added some extra checking and
debugging to fence_tool that should help narrow down where things are
stuck.  Please update from cvs and rebuild at least the stuff in
cluster/fence; then use "fence_tool join -D".

Usually things get stuck talking to ccs when ccs/magma libraries are out
of sync, but this case sounds different.

--
Dave Teigland  <teigland at redhat.com>